And oh boy, it’s only May.
This post was originally going to focus on an interesting, if ironic, set of circumstances that ended with my newfound appreciation for Fleetwood Mac’s classic “Go Your Own Way”. But I condensed that into point #10.
- No one else is responsible for your happiness or mental health. Don’t give them that burden.
- 1A: You can’t control what happens to you, but you can control how you respond.
- Keep your life full and good things will happen. Even if they’re not what you expect.
- “No” is powerful. Set boundaries.
- People and things come into your life on God’s time, and so too do they leave. Be grateful.
- Treasure the people with whom you can talk about anything.
- Tea can cure almost anything.
- Discipline gets dreams done.
- Your mom totally knows when something’s bothering you. And it takes more effort to keep things bottled up inside.
- It’s nice to have an open heart, but if you’re not a priority for them, they shouldn’t be for you.
- If someone doesn’t see your beauty, that’s on them.